Personal hygiene is very important to our health especially s*xual health. Click here to read more
Practising the basic hygiene procedures for your s*xual health keeps you away from infections.
Here are the procedures:
1. Always wash up: Gently cleaning yourself after s*x can protect men and women from infections, like of the urinary tract (UTIs). Wash the area around (not inside) your genitals with plain warm water. You can use mild soaps, but if you have sensitive skin or you already have an infection, they might dry out or irritate the area so just use warm water. Men with foreskin should gently pull it back and wash underneath. Read more here
2. Empty your bladder: During s*x, bacteria can get into your urethra, the tube that carries urine out of your body. That can raise your chances of an infection. When you pee, you flush those germs out.
So after some intimate time with your partner, head to the bathroom. If you’re a woman, when you wipe, do it from front to back to stop the spread of bacteria.
3. Drink water: it’s a good idea to urinate after a good time. Don’t forget to drink water. When you stay hydrated, you’ll pee more, which means that more bacteria will wash out of your body before infections can pile up.
4. Wash your hands: It’s the best way to get rid of bacteria you might pick up from touching your or your partner’s genitals.
That’s key to stop infections from spreading. Wash with soap and water, and make it part of your post-s*x cleanup routine.
5. Wear loose clothes and free underwears: Hot, sweaty places are the perfect spots for bacteria and yeast to thrive. So wear underwear and clothes that can allow air in.
Women should avoid pantyhose, and panties that are too tight. Cotton undies work well for men and women.
They’re breathable and absorb moisture.
6. Treat yeast infection: Partners can pass these back and forth during s*x. Men can also get yeast infection.
So if you notice the symptoms which is – itching, burning sensation, or a thick, white discharge from the v*gina or p*nis then treat it before the next time you get busy.
See your doctor if you think you have one.
DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM?
Contact Us Through This Medium
ARTISTE: naija news
Do you find MJBlog useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
FOLLOW US ON TELEGRAM
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
CLICK HERE TO ADVERTISE ON OUR WEBSITE