Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Fresh crisis in the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, took a new twist on Sunday as the party’s ward executive in Benue State suspended the National Chairman, Senator Iyorchia Ayu. The Secretary of the Igyorov Ward, Gboko Local Government Area, Mr Vangeryina Dooyum, announced Ayu’s suspension at a media briefing on Sunday.
2. The Independent National Electoral Commission has budgeted over N3bn to defend the results of the February 25 presidential and national assembly election and the March 18 governorship and state assembly polls. INEC in its Election Project Plan for the 2023 general election as obtained by journalists yesterday, earmarked N3b for the prosecution of election-related cases.
3. The Central Bank of Nigeria has released more old notes to Deposit Money Banks as the apex bank steps up efforts to flood the economy with more cash after a prolonged cash crunch that has made life difficult for millions of Nigerians and residents.
4. The United Kingdom has said the mission is working on the list of those it will slam with visa ban. It also said the mission had between five and 10 names on its list already, adding that more would still be added. The Deputy High Commissioner to Nigeria, Ben Llewellyn-Jones, spoke on a current affairs programme on Nigerian Info on Sunday.
5. Members of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) in Anambra State say people no longer rent houses to them. Leader of MACBAN in the South East, Alahaji Gidado Siddiki, disclosed this to journalists after attending Governor Charles Soludo’s one-year Anniversary in office.
6. Peter Obi, Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party, yesterday expressed sadness over the death of Humphrey Anumudu, who was a governorship aspirant of the party in Imo State. Anumudu was reported dead in his Lagos home after returning from a meeting at the LP secretariat in Abuja.
7. Charismatic Catholic Priest of Adoration Ministry Enugu, Rev Fr. Ejike Mbaka has said that the clergy of all Christian denominations in Nigeria offended God in different positions they took in the processes to the 2023 general election. The fiery priest spoke at the Adoration ground, Umuchigbo-Nike Enugu while celebrating the Catholic mothering Sunday for the Adoration mothers, on Sunday.
8. Presidential candidate of the PDP, Atiku Abubakar, has praised British envoy, Ben Llewellyn-Jones for naming the Director, New Media of the Bola Tinubu Campaign Organisation, Femi Fani-Kayode, among those making inciting comments. In a statement by his media aide, Mr. Phrank Shaibu, the former vice president said the Department of State Services (DSS) ought to invite Fani-Kayode as his rhetoric could set the country on fire.
9. Gunmen yet unknown have killed at least 6 persons in Odiokwu community in Ahoada West Local Government Area of Rivers State. An eyewitness said that the attack was carried out around 11am on Sunday, at a sit out in the community.
10. Suspected cultists said to be avenging the killing of their colleague by a rival group on Thursday, March 16, hacked one Moses, aka Loworo to death on Tapa Street in the Bariga area of Lagos State. It was gathered that some members of a cult group had killed a rival cult member identified simply as Ayo in a community in Shomolu area of the state earlier the same day.
Do you find Mjblog useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!
Leave a Reply