Irritable bowel syndrome is a chronic condition that, depending on our habits and diet, can cause a lot of discomfort. Inflammation, abdominal pain, constipation, or diarrhea are some of the main symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, which must be diagnosed by a doctor. Taking care of our diet, practicing physical exercise, and reducing stress are important recommendations to improve our condition. However, some natural remedies can give us relief when the symptoms attack. That's why I give you the best infusions for irritable bowel. Add them to your daily routine and enjoy their benefits.
1. Chamomile is one of the most beneficial infusions for the digestive system that we can find, so it is no surprise that it works so well to improve the symptoms of irritable bowel. This plant aids digestion, reduces pain, improves the expulsion of gases and serves as an anti-inflammatory and relaxant, favouring patients with irritable bowel.
It is recommended to drink a cup after lunch and dinner. Although it is a popular herbal tea, chamomile should not be ingested by pregnant or breastfeeding women.
children under 5 years of age.
Those who suffer from allergies to pollen, chrysanthemums, or allergic rhinitis should take chamomile with caution.
2. Among the best herbal teas for irritable bowel syndrome, peppermint tea stands out for its digestive properties, relieving abdominal pain and discomfort, facilitating the expulsion of gas, reducing inflammation, and improving digestion.
It is an alternative to always having it on hand if you suffer from irritable bowel disease, drinking 2 cups a day after lunch and dinner. However, there are cases where mint tea is not recommended, for example, in
patients with gastric ulcers, heartburn, and hiatal hernia.
For those suffering from gallstones, mint stimulates gallbladder function.
Those with ulcerative colitis
Those with liver disease.
People suffering from Parkinson's disease.
3. Fennel infusion is very effective in reducing intestinal inflammation and pain, while at the same time facilitating the expulsion of gas if there is any. The recommendation is to take it when we feel heaviness or discomfort. However, it is only suitable in cases of irritable bowel with constipation, as it serves as a mild laxative.
Fennel infusion is contraindicated for:
Due to its oestrogen content, it is not recommended for those who have had breast cancer.
In patients with hyperthyroidism, fennel provides a high iodine intake.
4. Lemon balm, popularly known to reduce anxiety and nerves, is also one of the best infusions for irritable bowel syndrome due to its calming and antispasmodic properties. It reduces pain, improves digestion and benefits gastrointestinal health.
You can ingest a couple of cups daily, especially after dinner, as it will help you fall asleep. It should be avoided by pregnant or breastfeeding women.
5. Patients suffering from irritable bowel syndrome and suffering from pain, flatulence, and poor digestion will find great relief in thyme infusion. Three cups a day can be taken, preferably after meals. It is a plant that, if consumed properly and without exceeding the recommended dose, has no side effects.
6. Ginger is known to be an excellent natural anti-inflammatory, which also greatly aids digestion by improving intestinal transit and reducing stomach heaviness. It is therefore an excellent choice for making infusions for irritable bowel syndrome. In our article on how to make a ginger infusion, we explain, step-by-step, how to make it. You can drink 2 to 3 cups a day.
Ginger should not be consumed if you suffer from gallstones
Or if you are taking anticoagulants or diabetes medication, it is best to consult your doctor.
In addition to adding these natural infusions to your routine, you must make other changes if you want to improve your irritable bowel.
This article is purely informative. I do not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatment or make any kind of diagnosis. Consult a doctor if you have any type of condition or discomfort.
Melarh98 (via Opera
Do you find Mjblog useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!
Leave a Reply